Job Title: 1474 FT Senior Credit Analyst - Jasper, IN, Evansville, IN, Owensboro, KY
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
In your role as Senior Credit Analyst, you will provide assistance to loan officers by assessing the financial condition and repayment capacity of business customers, as well as assisting with loan application preparation. Using a strong attention for detail, you will analyze financial statements to assess the strengths and weaknesses of a borrower’s historical operating performance and to include significant changes in the financial statements of the customer and identify trends in the statements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Daily Grind – Your focus will include analyzing large, complex borrowers and/or industries, as you work to complete Credit Applications accurately, inclusive of collateral analysis. You will stay current on industry trends through researching industry specific information from outside sources such as industry publications, government agencies, and the Internet for the purpose of assisting loan officers with understanding financial information. You will maintain strong relationships with loan officers as you collaborate with them to communicate financial information about the borrower in order to make an informed credit decisions, explain industry specific complexities to help them understand the borrower’s financial condition, share insights to the market conditions that affect the borrower’s business or industry, and document compliance with policies and procedures, including but not limited to adherence to analysis and reporting deadlines. As a Senior Credit Analyst, you will mentor and train others in your department and attend loan committee meetings from time to time. You participate in corporate and individual projects, and so much more!
- You’re Part of a Team - You are a member of the Credit Administration team. You will also partner with Commercial Lenders throughout the German American footprint and work with Senior Leaders as you review borrower’s credit worthiness.
- And you have to be able to juggle – Multiple and conflicting priorities will come up under specific time constraints. In concert with your leader and team members, you have to be quick to act when issues arise.
What it Takes:
- 5+ years in commercial lending environment as a credit analyst, loan officer or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, or related field
- Knowledge and experience with: analyzing economic trends of commercial and agricultural business, proficiency in reading financial statements (i.e., compilations, reviews, audits, and governmental financial statements), the organization of personal, corporate, and partnership tax returns
- Skills in: analyzing data, organizing, clarifying, explaining, listening, time management and coaching others
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel knowledge and daily use.
- Responsible for adhering to compliance laws, regulations, and established Bank policies and procedures, including Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering.
What we can offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, etc.
- 17 days paid time off, 11 paid holidays and bereavement leave
- Education assistance
- Paid family bonding leave
- Wellness benefits
- Life event coverage
- Service awards
- Financial benefits including 401(k) match, stock purchase plan and more
- Great deals on both national and local discounts on everything from computers and vacations to phones and retail shopping.
This position could located at in one of the following locations:
811 Main Street
Jasper, Indiana, 47546
Evansville Downtown Location
21 SE 3rd Street
Evansville, IN 47708
Owensboro Downtown Location
313 Frederica Street
Owensboro, KY 42301
German American Bancorp and its family of financial services companies employ talented, compassionate people throughout the organization, truly making German American special. Delivering genuine, customized, personal service with a focus on truly serving customers and communities well, our employees bring the Shield of Excellence commitment to life with each and every interaction.