Women Assistant Soccer Coach (Temporary Part-time) Department:
Athletics Department Campus
: Hardin Valley Campus Closing Date: Open Until Filled Type of Appointment:
*If you are a PSCC Student and eligible for the Student Employment Program, you will be paid on experience and the rates are $13.00 (no experience), $14.00 (6 months experience) and $15.00 (9 months experience)*. Position Summary:
The overall purpose of this job is to assist the head women's soccer coach in all areas of running an NJCAA collegiate soccer program. Duties and Responsibilities:
60% Soccer Program Management
- Serve as the assistant women's soccer coach by supporting the head women's soccer coach with the daily operations of administrative tasks, recruiting, organization of practice, on field duties and responsibilities, camps and fundraising.
- Assist in the care, maintenance and organization of soccer equipment used by the program and to fulfil any other duties assigned by the head women's soccer coach
- Work closely with the head women's soccer coach with planning and organizing travel arrangements for home and away games with hotels, buses, food orders, equipment and itineraries.
- Ability to assist in film breakdown, and opponent scout. Help develop scouting reports and management of video software uploads.
- Present for all games and scrimmages including traveling to away games
25% Student Athlete & Academic Management
- Assist the head women's soccer coach with the monitoring of the women's soccer student-athlete progress including class attendance, academic performance, personal adjustment and financial aid management
- Assist the head women's soccer coach in the coordination and monitoring of student study, athletic tutoring and classroom performance.
- Assist the head women's soccer coach with supporting student athletes to aid placement at the University level
- To become familiar in the usage of Pellissippi State's programs and software's that support student-athlete development
10% Student Athlete Conduct
- Assist in the reinforcement of the student conduct on the field of play
- Assist in making sure all student athletes are following the latest NJCAA rules and guidelines with a focus on sportsmanship
5% Community Involvement
- Involved in the local soccer community
- Assist in promoting the Pellissippi women's soccer program in a positive manner in the local community
The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time Required Qualifications:
- High-school graduate, associate' degree or bachelor's preferred, coaching qualifications with U.S soccer or united soccer coaches or an overseas federation.
- Prefer at least two years of soccer coaching experience
- Experience recruiting student athletes preferred
(Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% credit of full-time work experience) Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Work Characteristics:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to relate to a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Knowledge in coaching soccer skills and strategies.
- Ability to monitor players both academically and athletically.
- Good public relations skills.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including some evening and weekend hours.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Ability to engage in the colleges mission and values
To be considered for a position at Pellissippi State, you must create an on-line application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. Please note: to scan, upload, or attach documents, a computer and scanner are available at the Hardin Valley Campus Educational Resources Center, if needed.
Pellissippi State Community College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer
If you have any problems or questions please contact Pellissippi State Community College's Human Resource Office at 865-694-6607 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this position, click on the link to the top left to apply.