Williams is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected under applicable discrimination law.Solving global energy challenges starts here. Our interns help create the future of clean energy by bringing innovation, passion, influence, and grit to the table. Our internship program is the perfect steppingstone to a meaningful career at Williams and is an extraordinary opportunity to grow your network, learn the ropes of the industry, and gain valuable hands-on experience to help propel you into your first post-graduation job. You will get the chance to shape an industry, learn unique skills, and have an impact on millions of lives.
Each summer, highly motivated college students are selected to participate in our 10-to-12 week summer internship program. Our internship provides a unique opportunity to make an immediate impact by learning from senior leaders, collaborating with colleagues, and developing skills through individual projects that use your unique strengths. We also provide robust training and development throughout the internship-all crafted to help accelerate your knowledge base while assisting you in acquiring new skills.
Your work will challenge you, and with our Core Values to guide you, you'll quickly learn and grow with us.A Day in the Life of a Finance and Accounting Intern:
Our interns perform real work, bring fresh, new insights and a creative flare, all which have a huge impact on their team and our company. Our leaders love mentoring, coaching, and teaching others - there is no better feeling of watching our interns go on to achieve greatness! As a Business Intern supporting our Finance and Accounting areas, you will dive in to learn all about our F&A team and how they support our business. Also, a CPA is not required for our F&A roles or to advance in your career at Williams. Some of the work you will be doing includes:
Our Internship Offers:
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly and quarterly earnings reports and ad hoc projects as requested by leaders
- Building standard reporting packages for product businesses
- Supporting controls of the fixed asset system and assisting in preparation of account reconciliations
- Collaborating with full time credit department staff and Assistant Treasurer to support, manage, analyze and report on credit exposure
- An impactful project aligned to your skills and interests
- Collaboration opportunities with senior leadership
- Social, networking, and community outreach events
- Learning and development sessions to enhance both technical and interpersonal skills
- Opportunity to learn about various departments and career paths
- An in-depth look at our Diversity & Inclusion practices and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Compensation and housing assistance
- Develops an understanding of our core business and operating areas
- Gathers and analyzes real-time data to identify efficiencies and ensure proper asset maintenance
- Builds credibility with customers by contributing to major projects and capital expansions
- Collaborates with various teams across operating areas and fields to achieve enterprise goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Required: Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree within accounting, finance, economics, or an MBA with a graduation date of December 2024 or beyond
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future restrictions
- Must possess valid State Driver's License and clean driving record
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Willing and able to relocate to Tulsa, Oklahoma, Houston, Texas or Pittsburg, Pennsylvania for summer internship
- Work schedule is generally Monday-Friday 40 hours/week; hybrid schedule may be available
- Demonstrates excellent organizational/interpersonal skills and safety as the utmost priority
- Ability to work independently, within a team and within a matrix environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and creative thinking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications and PC skills
- Leadership experience within work, a project, and/or campus involvement
Compensation is a nonnegotiable, hourly rate that is determined by graduation date:
- Fall 2024 and Spring 2025= $30.29
- Summer 2025, Fall 2025, and Spring 2026= $26.92
- Summer 2026 and beyond= $23.56
- A housing stipend will be provided; additional relocation will be also given for those moving more than 50 miles from their home and school address
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma, the 2nd largest city in Oklahoma and the 47th most populous in the U.S.
Tulsa is known as the Mother of "The Mother Road" - Route 66, and boasts impressive art deco architecture, the #1 city park in the U.S. (The Gathering Place) and is a great venue for live music. It's an easy place to get in and out of, with more than 20 non-stop flight destinations offered at Tulsa International Airport. Tulsa is listed on CNN Travel's best destinations to visit in 2022!
Tulsa is not only a great place to live, but it's affordable. According to the 2019 Economic Report from Tulsa's Future, the cost of living is 8 percent below the U.S. average. There is no place like T-Town. Check out visittulsa.com to learn more!Why Choose Williams?
We are committed to providing our interns with competitive compensation and a summer rich with learning and development programming, networking with peers and leaders and opportunities to stretch yourself. We hope to create an experience for you that is more than an internship!
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid work model - one to two work from home days each week for most office-based roles
- Flexible work schedule for most field-based roles
- Paid sick time
- Robust employee learning and development
- Volunteer opportunities
- Employee resource groups
- Technology to make our work more productive and collaborative
Williams has a long history of making a significant difference in the communities where we live and work, and we strive to cultivate an environment of employee inclusion, innovation and passion that values all voices and opinions. We help each other succeed and great things happen when people from a diverse set of backgrounds come together. Together, we make clean energy happen.
Eligibility and benefits are governed by the terms of the applicable plan or program document which can be amended or terminated at any time.Education Requirements:Skill Requirements:
Career and Self-Development, Communication, Critical Thinking, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Professionalism, Teamwork, TechnologyCompetency Requirements:
Action oriented (3 - Meets Expectations), Collaborates (3 - Meets Expectations), Communicates effectively (3 - Meets Expectations), Customer focus (3 - Meets Expectations), Drives results (3 - Meets Expectations), Ensures accountability (3 - Meets Expectations), Instills trust (3 - Meets Expectations)