Our client, a fast-paced, vertically integrated cannabis company is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team in Massachusetts. The Senior Accountant plays a pivotal role in the financial operations, responsible for maintaining accurate financial records, preparing reports, and ensuring compliance with accounting and regulatory standards.
- Manage financial records in compliance with accounting principles and regulations.
- Prepare financial reports, including balance sheets and profit and loss statements.
- Reconcile subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger for accuracy.
- Handle retail and wholesale revenue reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and supporting documentation.
- Calculate all monthly accruals including host community agreement fees and percentage rent timely
- Ensure proper inventory valuation and cost of goods sold at the end of each reporting period.
- Maintain an up-to-date fixed asset register, including leases.
- Perform monthly reconciliations and prepare necessary inventory entries.
- Compile monthly sales reports to meet banking requirements as well as reporting pertaining to lease agreements
- Be an integral member of new ERP implementation and system related controls
- Provide leadership and supervision to the financial team, including coaching, counseling, and disciplinary actions.
- Recruit, select, orient, and train financial department employees.
- Oversee the accounting department's operations, designing an organizational structure aligned with departmental goals.
Education and Required Skills:
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- CPA Preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in general ledger management.
- Must meet the age requirement established by state cannabis agencies.
- Able to successfully pass all background checks and fingerprinting mandated by state cannabis agencies.
- Capable of providing valid badging and credentials as specified by state cannabis agencies
Compensation: $75,000 – $85,000
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200