$69,368.00 - $87,942.40 Annually Location
Seattle, WAJob Type
Special Duty Assignment or Term Limited Temp (TLT)Department
DNRP-Natural Resources & ParksJob Number
3/28/2023 11:59 PM Pacific Summary
King County Wastewater Treatment Division has an opening for an Inventory Purchasing Specialist III (IPS III). This position is responsible for overall material readiness of all equipment at the West Point Wastewater Treatment Plant through the procurement and dispensing of critical spare parts and materials.
The Inventory Management work group is small and diverse. We take on big challenges and always work to promote trust. We rely on each other for support, advice, and comradery. Who May Apply: This position is open to all qualified candidates
. First consideration will be given to qualified SEIU 925 Wastewater Treatment members.
This position will be filled as a Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Special Duty Assignment (SDA) and is anticipated to last for up to two (2) years.
Note that Special Duty Assignments are available to internal career service employees who have passed their initial probation period. You must get approval from your current supervisor/manager to accept a Special Duty Assignment. Job Duties
- Optimize inventory
- Train Special Duty Assignment Inventory Purchasing Specialist II
- Train existing staff to continue process improvement and efficiency
- Manage and renew government contracts
- Act as a key member in transitioning from Mainsaver to Maximo
- Collaborate and communicate with team members - transitioning from a working group to a team.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills Required Qualifications:
- Work Location: WestPoint Treatment Plant - 1400 Discovery Park Blvd, Seattle, WA 98199
- Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday,
- Union Representation: S.E.I.U. Wastewater Treatment Local 925
- Knowledge of government contract renewal and development
- Demonstrated ability to train staff
- Knowledge of heavy industrial parts
- Knowledge of warehouse management
- Skill in the use of personal computers, work processors, and database management software
- Skill in handling several projects or tasks simultaneously
- Sill in interpreting and evaluating manual and catalogs
- Skill in operating forklift and other material handling equipment
Application and Selection Process:
- Action oriented
- Business insight
- Communicates effectively
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal savvy
- Builds networks
Application materials will be screened for clarity, completeness including online application, cover letter and resume, and responsiveness to the list of qualifications, skills, and abilities. The most competitive candidates may be invited to participate in one or more panel interviews. Applications without the following required materials may not be considered for this position.
For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact:
- King County Application
- Cover Letter
- Responses to supplemental questions
Human Resource Analyst
email@example.com Supplemental InformationForbes named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North" , we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles - we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.To Apply
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact the recruiter listed on this job announcement.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 12paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
For additional information about employee benefits please visit our Benefits, Payroll, and Retirement Page .
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.NOTE:
Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position.Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.