Patient Access Specialist
Are you looking for an organization where you can grow while making a positive impact on people's lives? At Signature Health, our purpose is to provide integrated healthcare for our community specializing in patients with mental illness and/or addiction because we want people to realize their highest potential.
Our core values are the foundation of who we are:
- People First mindset where we honor our colleagues and patients
- Striving for Excellence in our work each day
- Can Do approach where we roll up our sleeves in response to opportunities and challenges
In addition to a rewarding career, as a full-time employee, you will have access to the following employer/employee paid benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Robust earned paid time off program (PTO)
- 401k match
- Various Life Insurance Options
- Short- and Long-Term Disability (Not applicable for school-based employees)
- Federal Loan Forgiveness Program (available on eligible on roles)
- HealthJoy - no cost medical and mental health online resources available Day 1 (coverage extends to family members living in the same household)
- Tuition & Professional Development Assistance
If you value the people around you, strive to be the best version of yourself and have a can do mindset, then Signature Health could be the best place for your next career. Read below on how you can make a difference in our community and apply today!
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reporting to the Supervisor, Patient Access - Call Center, the Patient Access Specialist will provide an exceptional experience for clients and patients of Signature Health, creating a positive first impression. You will support the client and patient intake processes which includes telephonic and electronic appointment scheduling, insurance verification and responding to client and patient questions regarding services and locations. The Patient Access Specialist will demonstrate strong communication skills to best understand and support client and patient needs. You will provide patient access in three areas, inbound & outbound call centers as well as the transportation call center.
HOW YOU’LL SUCCEED:
- Create an outstanding experience for clients and patients on all phone calls.
- Adhere to and execute the client and patient intake protocol, appointment scheduling guidelines and patient access best practices.
- Capture all necessary information from clients and patients regarding demographics, insurance, and reason for visit when scheduling or modifying appointments.
- Effectively communicate confirmation of appointment information as well as any relevant instruction.
- Maintain excellent performance in quality, client and patient experience, and availability to patients in the Call Center.
- Demonstrate attendance, punctuality, and confidentially when communication with clients and patients or other team members of Signature Health.
- Collaborate with your team by providing feedback and suggestions to improve the Call Center processes and environment.
- Build a deep understanding of service recovery and create the necessary soft skills to perform job duties efficiently.
- Comply with all agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain all aspects of HIPAA, promoting patient confidentiality and right to privacy.
- May be required to perform remote services as determined by Signature Health.
- Adherence and completion of compliance training provided by Signature Health.
- Responsible for and completes all productivity/documentation requirements.
- Participate in all assigned staff meetings and staff development programs.
- Demonstrate appropriate attendance and punctuality in adherence with Signature Health policies.
- Actively fulfill Patient Access needs by working at various Signature Health call centers as scheduled by your Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years’ experience of high touch client and patient customer service experience with demonstrated computer proficiency preferred.
- Fluency in writing, speaking and interpreting both in English and Spanish preferred.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office/clinical work environment.
- While hours of operation are generally standard, flexibility to work evenings and extended hours may be required.
- Requires periods of sitting, standing, telephone, and computer work.
- Hearing: adequate to hear clients or patients in person, over the telephone or through telehealth technology.
- Speaking: adequate to speak to clients or patients in person, over the telephone or through telehealth technology.
- Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
- Physical effort required: occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 15 pounds, unassisted.
- Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens while performing job duties.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular workday.
- Sufficient dexterity to operate a PC and other office equipment.
This Success Profile is not an exhaustive list of all functions or requirements that you may be required to perform; you may be required to perform other job-related assignments as requested by your supervisor or the company. You must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily; however, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable you to perform the essential functions of this job, absent undue hardship. Signature Health may revise this Success Profile at any time, with or without advanced notice.
All employees of Signature Health are required to comply with the Signature Health Annual Influenza Vaccination Policy. This policy requires employees to obtain an annual flu vaccination. A medical and/or religious exemption may be submitted for review by the Signature Health Review Committee. Exemption requests are considered but not guaranteed to be approved. Signature Health is a drug-free workplace. After receiving a conditional job offer, all applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen.