$138,008.00 - $174,928.00 Annually Location
Seattle, WAJob Type
Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/weekDepartment
DES - Executive ServicesJob Number
Business Resource CenterClosing
4/3/2023 11:59 PM Pacific Summary
The Business Resource Center (BRC) has an exciting career service opportunity to join the BI Insights team as a Technology and Development Team Leader. We are looking for an experienced people leader to lead a talented group of Business Intelligence developers. Experience in a leadership role or equivalent with an emphasis on technical strategy and development is a must.
This position reports to the BRC Business Intelligence Manager and leads a team of developers that support and manage the following tools and technologies: Oracle Business Intelligence Analytics and Operational Reporting, Oracle ODI 11g, OAS 5.9, OBIA 22.214.171.124, Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle Blitz Report, SAP Concur and Oracle cloud OTBI. A migration to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is planned for 2023/2024. SCOPE OF JOB DUTIES
- To be considered minimally qualified, applicants must demonstrate a background that provides the knowledge, skill, and ability to:
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO
- Be strong People Leaders who can demonstrate experience, competence and confidence as a people leader with the ability to coach and supervise diverse staff to achieve both work program goals as well as individual employee development and performance goals.
- Lead BRC BI technical expert participate in industry business intelligence community of practice as a representative of King County and a thought leader in the industry.
- Have strong leadership skills to supervise the Oracle BI Insights development team. This includes providing direction and planning for development activities, aligning with strategic goals, guiding, and mentoring technical resources, analysts and customers to achieve common goal across the organization. This position will solve critical and complex business problems and coordinate on-going improvements to optimize the customer experience and capabilities, and performance of the Oracle Business Intelligence systems.
- Establish and monitor work schedules and conduct performance appraisals. Delegate tasks effectively, manage individual and team deadlines and goals. Recommend hiring and disciplinary actions as appropriate.
- Participate in BRC strategic planning to prioritize work and strategic roadmap activities in order to both satisfy our customer business needs and improve or adapt our services to changing technology.
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures, technical standards and technical documentation. Ensure compliance with Oracle Business Intelligence, Business Resource Center (BRC) and King County Information Technology (KCIT) policies and procedures. Manage the schedule and quality for all development activities. Apply development best practices throughout the software development life cycle using Agile/ Scrum methodologies.
- Lead and participate in King County Oracle Business Intelligence projects. Prepare project documents and participate in presentations to business and IT stakeholders, project boards, and executive committees. Review and approve project solution designs for compatibility with overall system architecture and fit for business purpose. As well as ensure alignment with IT and organizational strategic plans, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with customers, business system analysts, database application administrators, business IT representatives and peer supervisors.
- Demonstrate leadership skills as the Oracle Business Intelligence technology representative to identify, analyze, and recommend appropriate solutions to meet business needs and deliver customer value. Making business decisions and build consensus among a diverse group of individuals with conflicting viewpoints.
- Analyze and evaluate new software and hardware technology and products, and make recommendations on changes in software, hardware or products. Define or update development standards for existing and emerging technologies.
- Evaluate vendor ability to perform requirements and deliver work; monitor performance of contracts and contractors.
Supplemental Information SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION
- Balance a strong work ethic with a positive attitude and strong communication skills.
- Can demonstrate experience implementing and/or leading Business Analytic and Operational Reporting development teams to accomplish work in a dev ops environment.
- Have a strong hands-on background in Datawarehouse models, ETL modelling and designing and SQL/PLSQL expertise. Specialize in BI data modelling, integrating multiple source systems into BI, designing and developing business models for reporting focusing on data organization. Develop and maintain an enterprise-wide BI solutions.
- Have a depth and breadth of Oracle Business Intelligence knowledge and expertise to draw on to i) troubleshoot and solve critical and complicated system defects; ii) develop full picture of solution design and alternatives; iii) add value to BRC work improvement and strategic planning activities.
- Are experienced in handling Oracle Business Intelligence OCI, OAS, OAC, Exadata and Exalytics infrastructure. OBIA development best practices as well as familiar with Enterprise Reporting solutions in Oracle technologies, such as BI Publisher, Blitz, Oracle Report, OAS, RPD, ODI and PLSQL.
- Are familiar with Oracle ERP and ERP Cloud products, Integration approaches and tools, architecture and infrastructure, and other applicable technological features.
- Are experienced with Oracle Business Analytics with Oracle EBS Financials and/or Oracle PeopleSoft source systems.
- Can flex and adapt while working in a multi-faceted and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to pass a background investigation prior to employment.
- This recruitment may be used to fill additional vacancies for up to 6 months.
- Union Status: These positions are represented by L117-IT Mgrs & Sups.
(For internal use only: Classification: IT Manager-Senior - 740401)
The work associated with this position will be performed remotely, with an optional collaboration office space in the heart of downtown Seattle in the Chinook building. Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours. Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements. There will be situations where the employee is required to report to a King County worksite. About the BI Insights Team:
BI Insights is a part of the Business Resource Center (BRC) a Division within King County's Department of Executive Services. The BRC manages the County's ERP applications, including Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle EBS, SAP Concur, PeopleSoft, and Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Services.
The BI Insights Team is the Oracle Business Intelligence program chartered with supporting the King County agencies with enterprise financial, human resource and budget data and data insights to improve business management.
BI Insights is currently running Oracle ODI 11g, OAS 5.9, OBIA 126.96.36.199 on-premises for Oracle Business Intelligence. We also support Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle Blitz Report, SAP Concur and Oracle cloud OTBI. Currently we are upgrading from ODI 11g to ODI 12c. Our current source systems include Oracle EBS Financials, Oracle PeopleSoft human resource data and budget data. Our long-term strategy includes planning and preparation for migration into the Cloud as well as expanding our services to include additional source systems and 3rd party tool integration. Why King County?
Forbes named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
- Competitive - healthcare plans
- Free - transportation options
- Manager Support - structured employee assistance program
- Paid - vacation time (in addition to paid holidays)
- Paid - sick leave
- Deferred - compensation plan
- Twelve - paid holidays
- Awesome Employee Giving Program !
Guided by our "True North" , we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles - we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.Are you ready to APPLY?
The recruitment for this position is open to all applicants
. A completed King County Application is required. We highly recommend that you also provide a cover letter and resume.
If you have any questions, please contact Jen Irwin
, Talent Management Supervisor, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org , or by phone at 206-263-0601. Connect with Jen on LinkedIn .
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 12paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
For additional information about employee benefits please visit our Benefits, Payroll, and Retirement Page .
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.NOTE:
Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position.Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.