The Richmond Times Dispatch has an immediate opening for a Regional Classified Advertising Representative.
Are you a team player with a dynamic personality and voice? We are looking for people that know their way around a computer, have a good phone presence, are detail oriented, and aren't afraid of deadlines! If you have top-notch customer service skills, and the ability to multi-task, then we want to talk to you as soon as possible!
To excel in our fast-paced environment, the candidate must be willing to work in a team environment and be able to meet the challenge of daily deadlines. Dependability , attention to detail and accuracy as well as the ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously is required. We offer a structured and supportive team environment. We combine the traditional power of print exposure with the expanding power of multiple digital channels and products, giving us tremendous competitive reach and benefits for our customers.
We are looking for someone with a combination of print and digital skills. Sales support provided. A willingness to understand and find solutions for your customers' needs will allow you to succeed in this position. As a Classified Account Representative you will be expected to support existing customers and develop new customer relationships. This representative will be motivated through product, people and customer knowledge; passion for helping customers achieve their goals; high energy; and daily engagement. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one to two years related experience and/or training with an emphasis on telephone sales. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
The position offers competitive pay/bonus plan that includes PTO (paid time off), dental and vision benefits, flexible spending accounts and a 401k with a company match .Job Description:
The following are key skills needed for this position:
- Promptly answer and return phone calls/emails in a polite & professional manner.
- Excellent verbal, grammar, written and communication skills are a must.
- Good computer & organizational skills are needed.
- Establishes professional relationship and works with customers in determining needs and ensures satisfaction; communicates product services such as use of logos, graphics, borders, photos, special rates, self-serve options, etc.
- Schedules, processes and secures advertisement orders for print publication/online platform(s); receives and keys all customer data into classified computer system; set-up billing account, processes credit card transactions and follows up with credit department.
- Participates in all required training sessions. Provides assistance with training of new and existing employees including instruction of the current classified advertising system, standard policies and procedures, managing/resolving credit/billing issues, as well as informing department manager of progress and/or problems.
- Provides proof of publication/tear sheets to customers and processes related fees upon request.
- Works with Ad Ops & Sales Support Team to resolve advertisers' concerns and/or requests; and proofs advertisements to customers, modifies and/or cancels advertisements as necessary.
- Contacts prospective customers to explain type of service or products and rates offered.
- Monitors and processes advertisements received through individual and departmental email.
- Monitors and processes advertisements received through company self-serve system.
- Responsible for referring any unusual or complex matters to the department manager.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Lee Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/VWhy Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of high-quality local news, with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting and retaining a workforce whose diversity reflects the communities we serve. Lee embraces change, and we recognize that we must create and maintain a culture of fervent inclusion. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net .
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.