Status: Full Time
Shift: 7on/ 7off nights
Performs CT radiographic procedures in accordance with established professional and departmental standards and procedures.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required.
- Graduate of a Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) accredited Radiologic Technology program.
- Must be licensed by the Louisiana State Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners (LSRTBE) and achieve certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) within 90 days of graduation. (Temporary work permit through LSRTBE acceptable; however permanent licensure and certification must be achieved within 90 days of graduation.)
- Completed American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Previous CT experience preferred.
- Ability to respond to and withstand frequent crisis situations.
- Positioning and turning of patients
- Lifting of patients utilizing proper body mechanics
Physical Effort Required:
- Mission Enhancement: Demonstrates behaviors that reflect understanding and support of the organizational values and mission.
a. Understands the corporate goals and objectives and in conjunction with all levels of management within CT.
b. Promote and exude actions that follow the 4C’s Mentality.
c. Strives with every action to improve lives every time, every touch.
- Competency & Job Knowledge: Acquires, maintains, and shares current competencies in performance of job responsibilities.
a. Performs all exams within personal licensed scope of practice.
b.Demonstrates a complete working knowledge of all radiographic equipment used for CT
and intra-procedural imaging. Performs all CT procedures. Demonstrates anatomy under
investigation through proper patient positioning and administers contrast media according
to the department policy and procedure manual. Obtains patient history and clinical
data for correlation with the scans.
c. Demonstrates proficient and economic use of supplies, communication equipment, technical equipment, and computer technologies.
d. Performs visual inspection of CT equipment, identifies problems and communicates to immediate supervisor.
e. Reviews physician orders, checking for special instructions from requesting physician, and consults with the radiologist as necessary.
f. Pleasantly greets patients, confirming their identification.
g. Completely explains examination procedure to the patient and their family if present.
h. Ability to anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of customers.
i. Contact the CT Supervisor/Manager for equipment service issues as appropriate.
j. Participates in appropriate education and on-the-job learning situations in order to develop necessary job skills.
k. Demonstrates the ability to perform multiple tasks as required.
l. Personal responsibility/Integrity/ Financial Responsibility: Each person is responsible for his or her actions, and individually accountable for satisfied patients/customers, confidentiality or patient and hospital information, quality outcomes, efficient operations, and the overall success of North Oaks Health System.
- Quality & Safety: Demonstrates a commitment to quality and customer satisfaction in all aspects of the job.
- Assists team members in quality efforts in the objectives of the organization (services that are free from error, efficient, connected to the customer and well planned).
- Promoting quality within North Oaks Diagnostic Services.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient, employee and hospital information.
- Recognizes emergency situations; initiates code procedures and administers first aid or CPR as needed.
- Promotes patient safety in all actions.
- Safety Expectations:
- Teamwork, Leadership and Interpersonal Skills: Performs effectively as a team member. Maintains a positive attitude, treats co-workers, patients, and visitors, with respect and dignity. Leads by Example.
- Promotes leadership, teamwork, and professionalism within the organization by action and example.
- Can professionally speak and listen to information; can express self clearly and when required.
Ability to identify and use appropriate information routes; may include written and oral expression.
- Promotes a culture that emphasizes cooperation through honest communication among individual team members and other hospital team members and departments.
- Develops interdisciplinary relationships that foster effective planning, teamwork, mutual respect, collaboration, and integration of services with other departments and physicians for coordinated provision of services and/or support of patient care.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills with all team members.
- Ability to manage up incidents, errors, complaints, etc. to management staff for timely resolution.
- Trains new and current employees, students, and/or volunteers by discussion and demonstration.
- Ability to work effectively with others to solve problems, implements group decisions and achieves group/organization goals.
i. Ability to get along with others in a courteous professional manner.
j. Communication with other modalities in the Radiology Department and other departments within the hospital.
- Policies & Procedures: Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Adheres to hospital policy on: attendance and tardiness, hospital dress code, infection control standards, environmental standards, quality improvement activities.
- Maintains and promotes confidentiality per hospital policy
- Completes annual hospital mandatory educational requirements.
- Performs visual preventive safety inspections. Identifies problems and communicates to immediate supervisor.
- At least annually, reviews policies/procedures pertinent to department, safety, etc.
- Departmental Workflow: Consistently maintains departmental workflow of the departments within Diagnostic Services ensuring maximized productivity and efficiency.
- Functions productively, responsibly and exhibits adaptability with the team. Positively demonstrates VALUES of North Oaks Health System. Plans and prioritizes work while maintaining positive performance.
- Maintains necessary inventory of supplies for assigned room, rotating stock in an orderly fashion, and eliminating outdated items.
- Ensures all equipment is in good working condition.
- Customer Relations: Consistently maintains an attitude of cooperation, clear communication, mutual respect, and courtesy to all patients, visitors, team members, medical staff, volunteers and students.
- Communicates pertinent information to all employees and customers in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrates respectful interpersonal relations when dealing with others.
- Reviews physician orders, checking for special instructions from requesting physician, and consults with the radiologist as necessary. Pleasantly greets patients, confirming their identification and introductions. Completely explains examination procedure to the patient and their family if present.
- Customer Satisfaction/Respect for the Individual. Ability to identify those who receive services and/or products within the work environment, including patients, families, visitors, other departments, and all others. Ability to anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of customers.
- Adjust technical factors in proportion to patient and body part being examined while minimizing radiation. Provides radiation protection to patient, staff and self-according to prescribed safety standards.
- Follows North Oaks Health System’s Compliance Program and Federal and State Regulatory guidelines.
- Performs all other duties as required or requested.
- Performs all Nuclear Medicine procedures as assigned. Demonstrates anatomy under investigation through proper patient positioning and utilizes SNM guidelines to obtain properly positioned Nuclear Medicine images. Obtains patient history and clinical data for correlation with the images.
- Determine radiopharmaceutical to be utilized, consulting with physician when necessary. Prepare radiopharmaceuticals for use in patient studies. Prepare stock solutions of radiopharmaceuticals. Calculate patient dosage.
- Start IV's, when necessary, as authorized by physician or your supervisor.
- Assists in the movement of patients, as necessary.
- Participates in continuing education activities.
- Participates in projects and assists in the development and implementation of procedures and policies.
- Organizational and Departmental Regulation Compliance (OSHA, JCAHO, HCFA, OIG, etc.…)
- Up to date on all Policies, Procedures and Competencies.
- Work area cleanliness.