$85,883.20 - $108,867.20 Annually Location
Seattle, WAJob Type
Special Duty Assignment or Term Limited Temp (TLT)Department
MTD - Metro TransitJob Number
3/23/2023 3:00 PM Pacific Summary
Learn how Metro connects you with what matters
King County Metro's General Manager division has an exciting opportunity for a Web Producer
! The person in this role will guide the daily journeys of our hundreds of thousands of diverse customers, engage with our roughly 5,000 employees, and support our innovative marketing and brand management efforts that advance safety, equity, and sustainability for all.
This position will work with Metro's collaborative, hardworking, and talented Web and Strategic Communications teams, as well as with others across the agency and with regional partners. This person will also help identify and improve current practices for updating operational information online.
You will amplify the story of Metro's mobility network that includes bus, paratransit, rideshare, streetcar, vanpool, and water taxi, but has people at its core. This position requires attention to detail, a commitment to continuous learning, flexibility, technical skill, and a spirit of teamwork.
In 2018, Metro was named Best Large Transit Agency in North America by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA).
Metro provides world-class transit service while advancing the following for our colleagues, customers, and community members:
- Health and safety
- Equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Our local and global environment
This recruitment may be used to generate a pool for future Career Service, Term Limited Temporary (TLT), and Special Duty Assignment (SDA) positions that may occur in this classification. The pool would be valid for twelve months upon creation and may be extended at the discretion of the hiring authority.
Job Duties Applying equity and social justice principles
is a daily responsibility and a foundational expectation for all King County employees. In this role you will apply equity and social justice principles to all aspects of the work. You will:Web Development
- Build digital content, features, and functionality to promote transit programs and services.
- Develop new technology-based services required to achieve Metro's objectives related to service information, marketing, and brand management strategies.
- Translate service information, marketing, and brand strategies into digital mediums to create effective, user-friendly solutions.
- Create new pages and publish and update content using a content management system (CMS) and troubleshoot as needed.
- Design, build, and launch online surveys and/or open houses.
- Utilize knowledge of web technologies and best practices, including SEO, Landing Page Optimization, web accessibility etc., in all work and share knowledge with departmental peers and organizational clients as needed.
- Stay current with the latest industry best practices and trends related to web development and web technologies.
Project Management and Communication
- Work with Metro's Web team to produces digital assets in accordance with the Metro's brand guidelines.
- Prepare files as final deliverables.
- Ensure the highest quality production of web pages and other digital media.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills We are looking for someone who has: Knowledge/Experience
- Work with Project Managers to manage timelines, communicate project status, deliver projects on time, and implement according to specification.
- Understand and communicate project priorities, requirements, and goals clearly and consistently.
- Ensure accuracy and quality of project content meet Metro's communications, brand, and editorial standards.
- Proactively drive projects, build consensus, and implement process improvements to create efficiencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- At least 3 years work experience in a marketing agency or in-house marketing work environment, for high traffic enterprise websites, mobile apps, digital signage, and digital communications vehicles such as email marketing tools, online calendaring systems, social media platforms, content management systems, cloud-based technologies, and development frameworks.
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles, accessibility standards, and the ability to apply brand and design standards in digital media.
Supplemental Information Application & Selection Process An online employment application, resume, cover letter, and answers to the supplemental questions are required. Competitive applicants may be invited to participate in a testing process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and synthesize technical information for non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with content management systems such as Sitecore and WordPress.
- Knowledge of best practices in UX, web accessibility, and responsive design principles.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Crazy Egg, and/or Moz tools.
- Proficiency with version control systems such as Git, with experience using Github for code management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Detailed-oriented with strong process and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate strategic and tactical thinking, with experience working in an agile development environment and the ability to collaborate effectively in an iterative development process.
Applicants will be screened for competitiveness, completeness, and written communication skills. The most competitive candidates may be invited to participate in one or more interviews. Final offers are contingent on successful completion of reference checks. NOTE:
Please answer all applicable questions in the employment application portion, with each of your jobs listed (listing each position for each employer separately), duties explained, reasons for leaving, etc. Work Schedule
The work week is normally 40 hours, Monday through Friday. Alternative work schedules may be possible. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and therefore is not eligible for overtime pay. Union Membership: Non-Rep Job Code:
252301 Work Location:
The primary location of this position is in the King Street Center (201 S. Jackson St., Seattle, WA). This position will predominantly be in a remote work environment. To Apply
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact: Sianna Weicuss, email@example.com Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers. Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our " True North
", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
The Executive Branch includes employees in the Executive branch, the Assessor's Office, Elections, the King County Sheriff's Office, and the Executive Office. King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer.
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 12paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
For additional information about employee benefits please visit our Benefits, Payroll, and Retirement Page .
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.NOTE:
Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position.Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.