$126,443.20 - $160,846.40 Annually Location
Seattle, WAJob Type
Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/weekDepartment
DNRP-Natural Resources & ParksJob Number
3/29/2023 11:59 PM Pacific Summary
Come join our Project Planning & Delivery Team within the Department of Natural Resources & Parks - Wastewater Treatment Division!Facing an aging system, population growth, and regulatory requirements, WTD will be growing its capital construction portfolio of projects and programs over the next decade. The WTD Capital Portfolio Planning and Analysis Unit is responsible for coordinating the capital portfolio planning, monitoring, and decision-making activities.
The Portfolio Development Supervisor
position is a newly established supervisor position within the WTD Capital Portfolio Planning and Analysis Unit. This position will manage a growing work program primarily focused on the identification of project concepts, the development of capital investment business cases, and the analysis of data needed to facilitate decision making for the WTD Capital Portfolio. In this position, you will play a key role in helping WTD make better capital investment decisions, ensuring that our resources are being used effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of our customers and community.Who is eligible: Open to all qualified candidates Work Location:
- This position is primarily work from home, but may work onsite at King Street Center and WTD treatment plants and other facilities as needed to accomplish business objectives.
- 40 hours per week with a flexible schedule
- Supervise the daily operations of a team of project/program managers in support of the WTD Capital Portfolio development.
- Ensure that the program is integrated with other section/division programs in the delivery of services and are aligned with division/department business plans and priorities.
- Supervise applicable processes, ensuring that methodologies and business systems meet regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Develop program policies and procedures and recommend to division/department leadership. Implement and evaluate approved policies and procedures.
- Prepare and implement work plans, lead program staff in developing and fulfilling annual business plans.
- Manage hiring, promote career development, ensure and appraise performance, implement pro-equity practices, and address conflicts and disciplinary issues.
- Develop, implement and monitor program budget.
- Conduct meetings and workshops and lead committees to assure regular and timely communication of program issues to program staff.
- Provide high level of business expertise, including development of new business processes. Train staff in business knowledge and skills and represent King County on business issues with other agencies, including advisory committees.
- Work with WTD leadership to plan and direct the programs operations in support of King County Strategic Goals.
- Work collaboratively with other government and regulatory agencies or departments within WTD and the County to address business policies and issues.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills Required Qualifications:
- Work Location - This position is primarily work from home, but with work onsite at King Street Center and WTD treatment plants and other facilities as needed to accomplish business objectives.
- Work Schedule - 40 hour per week, flexible schedule
- Union Representation - Teamsters Local 117 WTD Supervisors
- A Bachelor's degree in business, project management, engineering, construction management, or closely related field, and at least 8 years of progressively responsible experience in the delivery of capital projects for wastewater or other heavy industries or the equivalent combination of experience, education, and or training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the work.
- Knowledge capital project delivery concepts for wastewater or other heavy industrial facilities
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques and principles, including career development, mentoring, and coaching of staff
- Knowledge of project management techniques and principles
- Problem solving, conflict resolution and facilitation skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Critical thinking, analytical and interpretive skills
- Skill in building consensus among individuals with conflicting viewpoints
- Team building skills
- Ability to work in a political environment, including experience communicating sensitive issues to internal and external leadership and stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and sensitive situations
Licensing, Certification and Other Requirements:
- Knowledge of portfolio management standards, concepts, and processes, and their application to the management of industrial capital investment programs.
- Knowledge of asset management principles and processes
- Knowledge of public infrastructure planning principles
- A valid State Driver's License
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges
- with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Build Effective Teams- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Collaborates- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Application and Selection Process: Application materials will be screened for clarity, completeness including online application, cover letter and resume, and responsiveness to the list of qualifications, skills, and abilities. The most competitive candidates may be invited to participate in one or more panel interviews. Applications without the following required materials may not be considered for this position.
- King County Application
- Responses to supplemental questions
This position is represented by Teamsters 117 WTD Supervisors For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Human Resource Analyst
email@example.com Supplemental InformationForbes named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North" , we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles - we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.To Apply
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact the recruiter listed on this job announcement.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 12paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
For additional information about employee benefits please visit our Benefits, Payroll, and Retirement Page .
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.NOTE:
Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position.Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.