Status: Part Time
The Patient Access Assistant is responsible for supporting patient and visitor information procedures, assisting patient and visitor wayfinding, and to support the Patient Access department in daily operations.
1. Previous Experience Required:
Customer service experience.
2. Specialized or Technical Education Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent
3. Manual or Physical Skill Required:
Excellent people and communication skills, pleasing telephone voice, ability to react instantly, ability to handle more that one task efficiently, ability to meet and greet the public in a professional manner.
4. Physical Effort Required:
Strength: Light Work
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Screens calls and communicates messages as appropriate.
2. Maintains confidentiality regarding patients, physicians, employees and other hospital-related business acquired due to the nature of the job.
3. Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, safety and infection control procedures, and quality assurance procedures.
4. Attends in-services and other required meetings.
5. Maintain the policies for nondisclosure of information regarding NPP patients.
6. Performss general cleaning duties of the work place, including daily disinfectant of all equipment. Keeps tidy general lobby areas and notifies environmental services as needed. .
7. Assists in training new personnel.
8. Demonstrates competency in age-specific criteria as applicable to job scope.
9. Works shifts as assigned .
10 Assists in the care of departmental equipment and supplies.
11. Provides assistance, guidance, and directions to visitors, patients, employees, and physicians. Ascertain the nature of their business, assist and direct to various locations in the hospital when appropriate. Call for an escort when necessary.
12. Receive messages, flowers, and other patient related items delivered. Verify that the patient has not been discharged and notify unit of items to be picked up when necessary.
13. Prepares religion census for Clergy and Eucharistic Minister programs.
14. Performs all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
15. Follows North Oaks Health System’s compliance program and all federal and state regulatory guidelines.
16. Composes, transcribes, and processes correspondence and prepares documents for Patient Access management as instructed.
17. Updates patient demographic information as instructed and assists patients with EMR/MyChart access.
18. Follows North Oaks Health System’s compliance program and all federal and state regulatory guidelines.
North Oaks Health SystemHammond, LA