Arc Human Services is seeking a Residential Program Specialist
to lead our team in our South (Washington/Canonsburg) region. $1000 Sign on Bonus!
Please apply online at www.archumanservices.org/careers
Are you looking for a meaningful job that provides a dynamic work environment,
opportunity for advancement and the chance to MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the lives of
others? Arc Human Services is a premier provider of intellectual and development
disability and mental illness supports. We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to
improving the lives of those we serve since 1952.
Responsible for monitoring all aspects of Arc Human Services' residential facilities; and for assuring that the physical, emotional and programmatic needs of consumers are met. Responsible for providing ongoing supervision and support to Residential Managers, and in their absence, will delegate or perform their duties as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and approve facility schedules in advance to assure maintenance of daily staffing patterns within allocated budget necessary to serve client needs.
- Semi-monthly review of Residential Managers' time records. Monthly review of mileage reimbursement requests from Residential Managers.
- Review and approve time and attendance. Perform editing in ADP for designated sites on a semi-monthly basis.
- Review of client account expenditures, assuring that expenditures are consistent with client needs and that requested funds are of an appropriate amount.
- Participate in budget planning procedures for designated sites and assuring that the site is operating under allocated budget.
- Approve purchases for designated sites within allocated budget with Residential Director's approval.
- Assure the availability of appropriate transportation for clients as necessary to appointments, day programs, recreational activities, etc.
- Regular monitoring of physical aspects of residential sites for safety and cleanliness in compliance with agency program standards.
- Coordinate residential site and client record reviews in preparation for monitoring and licensing inspections, assuring compliance with all applicable state and county regulations.
- Participate in DHS, BHSL, and County inspections.
- With Residential Managers, assure that job performance of all Residential Program Workers is acceptable in accordance with agency standards. Consult with Director and Human Resources Director as needed for remedial action.
- Regular review of client files, program plans, behavior plans, and daily logs to assure completion in accordance with agency standards, state and county regulations.
- Develop and assure completion of quarterly and monthly individual summaries.
- Coordinate and complete the individual skills assessment for each individual within the regulated time frames.
- Participate in ISP and treatment team meetings as scheduled.
- Monitor each individual's ISP and treatment / support plan and to assure that it is being implemented as written.
- Participate in the development of any behavioral support plan and assure training is provided to all staff on implementation and documentation of plan.
- Serve as liaison and maintain effective communication with all individuals, agencies, and services interfacing with clients.
- Attend to and document client / family grievances or allegations of abuse, and proceed with appropriate investigations following agency procedures.
- Review incident reports, medication errors and assure that appropriate follow-up action is completed.
- Orient new Residential Managers to residential facilities and train them in specific program procedures including, but not limited to, facility routines, record keeping, fiscal management, and personnel management.
- Provide ongoing supervision and evaluation during the orientation period and on a continuing basis.
- Distribute and interpret work assignments, provide general day-to-day assistance, conduct on-the-job training, and review the work of the Residential Managers for adherence to departmental standards.
- Provide for routine assessment of training needs of Residential Managers.
- Attend monthly Residential Manager meetings. Attend monthly Residential Program Specialist meetings. Attend residential site meetings as needed.
- Interview and hire staff vacancies for designated sites.
- Be on-call for emergencies / unusual incidents for designated month.
- Obtain knowledge of, and exercise objective judgment and decisive thinking, in complying with, and in the application of, all organization and program specific policies, practices and procedures including ethics, business practices, and compliance program elements.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations, policies and procedures and reports any concerns about compliance practices.
This position will be responsible for the direction and supervision of designated residential sites, the Residential Managers of those sites, as well as the direct care staff.
' Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
' Complete PAID
' 18 years of age or older
' Valid PA Driver's License
' Ability to pass background checks, physical, TB (ALL company paid!)
' Full time, part time, per diem flexible shifts available
' Excellent Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and Supplemental Insurances
' Generous Paid Time Off
' Company paid life and disability insurances
' 401K Retirement Plans with 5% employer match
' Non Profit employee discounts and eligibility for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
' Opportunity to work overtime and holiday bonuses
Arc Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.