$96,699.20 - $122,574.40 Annually Location
WA 98032, WAJob Type
Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/weekDepartment
KCIT - Information TechnologyJob Number
Emergency Radio CommunicationsClosing
4/2/2023 11:59 PM Pacific Summary
King County is driving to become the best run government in the country. For King County Information Technology (KCIT) that means innovating and iterating on how we deliver high quality services and solutions to our customers. KCIT is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Specialist join our Regional Services team.
Regional Services fills a unique need within the larger Information Technology arena. Regional Services primarily provides services and support external to King County employees and departments. We provide services as diverse as 9-1-1 technology and education, public safety radio subscriber units, and the very unique county-to-government broadband and Internet services.
This critical role is expected to provide subject matter expertise in the sourcing and contracting of Information Technology (IT) materials, supplies, equipment, products and services in support of the operation of KCIT Regional Services and its specialized projects and program needs. This position is responsible for coordinating and supporting KCIT Regional Services' Managers as well as contributing to the production and execution and administration of contracts. This position will help navigate KCIT Regional Services Managers through Procurement's policy, processes and systems. King County Department of Information Technology (KCIT)
KCIT uses the power of technology to digitally transform King County. Building vibrant communities through digital equity and social justice, KCIT offers innovative solutions that engage, empower, and serve our residents, businesses, communities and interested stakeholders. As the first-place recipient of the 15th annual National Association of Counties (NACo) Digital Counties Survey, KCIT is recognized for its vision, strategy, innovation, and collaboration. KCIT has a focus of delivering smart technology solutions that support customers, building stronger communities through innovation.
KCIT is providing the building blocks for many of the region's most critical services. As the business solutions partner, we collaborate with the 18 County departments to develop products and services that better serve the needs of our customers and our community. To learn more about KCIT, please visit: http://kingcounty.gov/depts/it.aspx Teleworking Requirement
The work associated with this position will be performed through a combination of teleworking complemented with onsite work and meetings as needed. Employees will have access to shared workspaces at various King County facilities. Employees must reside in Washington state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements.
Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection (access may be supplemented in some situations) where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours. Please note that when an employee conducts work that is likely to bring them in contact with another individual, safety precautions are required, including the wearing of masks in some situations . King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely. The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team that is redefining how we work as we transition to the department's hybrid environment. Benefits
King County offers a robust benefits package to support you and your family in a variety of ways. To learn more about the benefits offered here, please click on the Benefits tab or click here: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/ . Work Schedule
The normal workweek for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Alternative work schedules may be considered. This position is not eligible for overtime pay. Questions
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Shannon Hoeper, shoeper @kingcounty.gov or 206-263-6957. Job Duties
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Strategic Sourcing
- Define and develop IT sourcing strategies based on KCIT goals
- Analyze business needs, product categories used, spending patterns, and the processes and departments involved.
- Analyze the supplier market and identify suppliers
- Create a Supplier portfolio to measure performance, and continual process improvement
- Contract Negotiations
- Work with Regional Services managers to negotiate and execute I-Net contracts.
- Assist KCIT Regional Services Staff IT Contract negotiations as necessary.
- Ensure that all essential contract documentation is compiled, accurate, complete and is supportive of audit and Procurement requirements.
- Act as the primary interface between the King County Prosecutor's Office (PAO) and the respective business unit to ensure documents receive and pass legal review.
- Procurement (RFP - ITB - RFQ - RFI- ITPS-Piggybacking-Waivers) Development
- Provide assistance to KCIT Regional Services staff on all aspects of purchasing services or goods through the County's Finance and Business Operations Division. Act as Division liaison in all Procurement matters as assigned.
- Assist the Procurement team in the development and facilitation of requests for proposal (RFP), request for qualifications (RFQ), and invitation to bid (ITB), and request for invitation (RFI) IT templates and evaluation criteria.
- Consult with Regional Services managers to analyze project requirements, and procurement code, policies and procedures in order to identify and determine best procurement approach
- Analyze the supplier market to help identify suppliers and potential piggybacking opportunities.
- Help develop/refine the scope of work, including functional and technical specifications and management questions
- Assist KCIT Regional Services Staff in determining bidding qualifications, evaluation and selection criteria for IT procurements
- Help identify and compile any appropriate supportive solicitation and contract exhibits and documents
- IT Contract Administration
- Assist Regional Services managers and support staff regarding procurement code, policies and procedures, including Waivers for all contract changes, and
- Assist in contract changes and renewal negotiations, and clearly document the amended, modified or repealed content in Amendment form
- Develop and maintain contract files to ensure audit accountability.
- Ensure that all contract documentation is current, complete, accurate, and satisfies both audit and Procurement requirements and documentation
- Monitor Contracts and notify the identified owner of upcoming contract expirations
- Transfer files to Apptio, as appropriate.
- Vendor Management
- Periodically review vendor contracts to ensure vendor compliance, inform Regional Services staff of any deficiencies and participate in action plan to cure.
- Manage 100's of contracts with differing terms and/or expiration dates to ensure that renewals occur as appropriate.
- Lead, with active participation, in vendor business reviews.
- Build strong, open and collaborative working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Supplemental Information Forbes named King County as one of Washington State's best employers. Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
- Four-year degree in Business Administration or Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years' experience sourcing IT products and services through advertised bidding processes.
- Demonstrated experience with, as well as advising on, IT contract negotiation, contract administration and relationship management for Information Technology.
- Prior experience managing IT Vendors
- Self-starter willing to partner with Senior level team members to develop and manage vendor performance and relationship standards.
- Familiar with best practice standards for vendor management.
- Excellent customer service skills: ability to provide support to varying levels of staff, delivered in person, by e-mail or telephone, with discretion, patience, etiquette, and professionalism.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Comfortable with the concept of "go-to person" and willing to accept the mantle of expert in field.
- Intuitive and creative problem solver
- Proficient in Word and Excel
Guided by our "True North" , we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles - we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans. King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation. To Apply
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact the recruiter listed on this job announcement. Application Requirements
A completed King County Application , Resume
and Cover Letter are required for consideration. Applications submitted without all material will not be considered.
The recruitment for this position is open to all qualified candidates. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
(For internal use only: Classification: Administrator III - 2810300)
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 12paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
For additional information about employee benefits please visit our Benefits, Payroll, and Retirement Page .
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.NOTE:
Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position.Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.