RN Resident- Primary Care
Our graduate nurse and orientation program provides a strong supportive environment with resources and education to meet the individual needs of each new RN. We develop strong, confident nurses who adjust well to independent practice while gaining experience, time management and critical thinking skills.
Our primary care centers provide an integrated approach to promote general wellness, health maintenance, medical care and early intervention for patients. We service all ages from newborn to older adult at our locations across the Syracuse area. If you are looking for dynamic learning opportunities with medical treatments, preventative education and continual advancements then we invite you to join our team. Our specialties include a variety of family practice, dental, OB/GYN, behavioral health, pediatric and specialty services. We incorporate a team approach to meet the needs of a diverse patient population.
31001_10231 Patient Care Unit 3-1
Expected Weekly Hours:
Earn up to $15,000 in recruitment and retention incentives for experienced RN's. We have openings for an 8-hour evening shift RN. This exciting career offers a strong orientation program and opportunities for continued education and growth. Part-time, full-time and weekend options for higher pay. This team is dedicated to patient care and each other. If your passion is nursing, you'll love working with us!
Job Description Details:
Our specialties include urology, colon-rectal surgery, general surgery and renal disease including peritoneal dialysis at the bedside. Specialized training includes CORE EKG and PD classes. We incorporate a primary care nursing model with a team approach to meet the needs of the patient population.
- Our Trinity Health Culture: Our staff know, understand, incorporate & demonstrate our Trinity Health Mission, Values, Vision, through their actions, behaviors, practices & decisions.
- Leadership: Shared Governance to leaders are accessible. Unit practice counsels and open-door guiding principle for shared decision-making. All our employees have a voice.
- Well-Being: Practice in an environmentally safe, professional & healthy atmosphere. Our staff are supported by a variety of resources for physical and mental health.
- Professional Relationships: Strong rapport with our interdisciplinary team including physicians/clinical providers, rehab services, pharmacy and nutritional services.
- Professional Development: Strong education program, generous tuition allowance and clinical ladder incentives. We encourage job share opportunities to enhance satisfaction and growth.
- Work/Life: Predictable scheduling options balance work/life/school calendars.
- Safety: Only local hospital to receive a Leapfrog A for safety.
What you will do:
- Gather intake data, reason for visit and assist with routine physical exams.
- Assist physician in office procedures and provide treatment modalities as ordered by the provider.
- Medical record documentation.
- Medication including vaccinations administration.
- Telephone Triage.
- Phlebotomy and specimen collection.
- Patient and family education.
- Referral and specialty appointment scheduling.
- Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and practice.
- Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision of direct care of patients and families.
- Career advancement to leadership roles as team leader, preceptor, mentor, coordinator/management.
- We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
- To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding clinical outcomes.
- In the spirit of good Stewardship, we heal by practicing Justice in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverence in honoring the dignity of every person, Excellence in expecting the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to who we say we are.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure, or eligibility for licensure, in the State of New York.
- Maintains current BLS/CPR certification.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education and updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of expertise.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
- Medium work: must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently; occasionally lifting maximum of 50 pounds. Will require ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach.
Work Contact Group:
- All services, medical staff, patients, visitors, and various regulatory and professional agencies.
- Team Leader, Clinical Coordinator, Unit Manager, and Clinical Services/Nursing Administration.
Pay Range: $27.80-$28.80
Pay is based on experience, skills, and education. Exempt positions under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) will be paid within the base salary equivalent of the stated hourly rates. The pay range may also vary within the stated range based on location.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is one of the largest not-for-profit, Catholic healthcare systems in the nation. Built on the foundation of our Mission and Core Values, we integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. Our colleagues have different lived experiences, customs, abilities, and talents. Together, we become our best selves. A diverse and inclusive workforce provides the most accessible and equitable care for those we serve. Trinity Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by law.