Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” – You have come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. This position must be committed to making every experience memorable all while having fun and relishing the incredible atmosphere of the resort.
Are you a strong Bartender looking for a rewarding and exciting opportunity? This is a unique opportunity to join our Nemacolin team as a lead bartender for a new restaurant catering to Nemacolin associates and their families. The Lead Bartender is responsible for helping to oversee the bartenders/servers at the Pub and ensuring the success of our associates and guest satisfaction. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual that can provide a warm and inviting atmosphere. Nemacolin promotes training and development and embraces an environment of continuous improvement. You’ll be a key part of the Wisteria pub team, reporting to and collaborating intensely with the Manager of the Pub at Wisteria and the Pub Lead bartender.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Assist the Pub manager in overseeing operations for the pub through team management, ordering, receiving, storage, inventory, preparation and presentation of beverages and service standards.
- Lead by example. At Nemacolin this means always following the policies and procedures, acting in respectful, inclusive ways at all times, and taking a sense of ownership for all aspects of the operation.
- Give specific, measurable, timely feedback-both reinforcing and corrective.
- Develop staff through ongoing training and support.
- Model and foster open communication by ensuring team members have information, input, and influence.
- Ensure guests are receiving a consistently high-quality, timely product.
- Create a warm, genuine, and inviting atmosphere for all guests and associates.
- Genuinely connect with all guests to ensure they receive exceptional guest service.
- Effectively communicate your vast knowledge and expertise about activities, food, and bar menus with ease.
- Anticipate guest and business needs.
- Proactively assist other bartenders / servers with dining room maintenance, running food or beverages, side duties, assisting to take payments, etc.
- Execute all day-to-day operations of the bar and restaurant.
- Take the time to effectively learn and memorize new menu items and procedures.
- Always follows all food safety and hygiene protocols.
- Uphold all cleaning and organizational standards.
- Upholds Responsible Alcohol Management Program requirements through respectful carding practices and appropriate follow through.
- Adhere to and positively enforce all company policies.
- Communicate and collaborate with management on inventory-both items that we’re low on, and items that are short-dated, as well as operational challenges and ideas for improvement.
- Handle all cash to protocol, including tip outs.
- Executes daily financial reporting, documentation, and cash drop to standard.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to speak English.?
- A respectful, inclusive people-centered, solution-oriented mindset.
- You are able to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks.
- Accountable, Trustworthy, and results-driven
- You pride yourself on your guest service skills, your ability to make people feel welcomed, your reliability and your ability to maintain a positive outlook.
- Physical ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- A wide knowledge of various spirits, beer, and wine is highly preferred.
- Preferred Minimum of 2 years bartending experience
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, and share responsibilities and duties.
- Ability to be a friendly, empathic, and adept communicator.
- Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict in a straightforward and timely manner.
- Ability to gracefully accept and respond to feedback.
- Ability to set priorities, be organized, and be a self-starter.
- Adaptable to change and driven to continuously improve and grow.
- Serv Safe Food Handler Certification, or the ability to get it within 30 days of hire.
- PA RAMP Server/Seller Certification, or the ability to get it within 30 days of hire.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be require by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2022 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.by offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
$1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
*Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).