Our client, a fast-paced, vertically integrated cannabis company is seeking an AP/AR Accountant to join their team in Massachusetts. The AP/AR Accountant is an integral part of the finance and accounting team.
- Maintain seamless payment cycles by promptly sending out invoices to customers.
- Ensure prompt and accurate customer invoicing and validated billing data.
- Demonstrate proactive vigilance in monitoring and managing receivables, promptly flagging potential overdue bills, and working with team members to assure collection.
- Skillfully match daily customer payments with outstanding invoices, ensuring up to date record-keeping.
- Drive efficiency by enhancing payment and receivables processes through thoughtful improvements and systems upgrades.
- Foster collaborative efforts with the sales, operations, and other divisions to reconcile CRM and financial system to keep all data updated and accurate.
- Exercise precision in reconciling debit card statements to ensure impeccable financial tracking.
- Conduct thorough reviews to avoid fraudulent and duplicate payments by assuring appropriate approvals from business managers and comparing and confirming transaction information with bank portals.
- Collaborate closely with the Accounting Team to reconcile and conclude monthly transaction reporting.
- Support staff accountants by reconciling vendor and customer statements to the general ledger.
- Diligently match purchase orders with invoices and delivery records to maintain accuracy.
- Discover, identify, and resolve prior system and/or entry errors to assure accurate reflection of vendor and customer activity, as well as inventory, in the ERP and accounting system.
- Leverage data management skills and become proficient in ERP and other key systems to ensure management can derive accurate analytics to help drive business decisions.
Education and Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with accounting knowledge a plus.
- 3 – 7 years of professional experience in AP/AR.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/Business Central, ERP systems, QBO, and the Microsoft suite of productivity tools is required.
- Prior experience in manufacturing or construction is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven record of teamwork and leadership.
- Data management skills and familiarity with Power BI are advantageous.
- Demonstrated willingness to invest extra time and effort into continuous learning and career growth in an agile environment is a must.
Compensation: $60,000 – $70,000
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200