If you're ready to join a rapidly growing, world class sales organization that partners with local businesses to drive measurable results we want you on our team. We are looking for a self-driven Sales and Marketing Executive with professional persistence and a positive attitude ready to engage our internal and external customers. Our selling methodology is to listen more than we speak, utilize best of breed media tactics and work as a consultant to propose solutions that solve problems for local businesses. Of course there is a base salary, but ultimately you direct total compensation with your success. We reward performers!PositionSummary:
You'll get a great understanding of our solutions, learn how they achieve customer goals and utilize top-notch platforms to build and communicate custom proposals to local small, medium and large local decision makers. Our team is a group of sales and marketing professionals who use consultative selling methods to uncover and understand the needs of businesses, thoughtfully craft a proposal designed to address those needs, close and execute agreements for monthly recurring campaigns.Education/Experience:Required:
Valid driver's license, a reliable insured vehicle and a minimum of two years of relevant sales experience.Strongly Preferred:
Experience in sales and knowledge of digital advertising tactics including targeted display, Google Ads, targeted social media, streaming video, email and SMS, SEO, website solutions and Google Analytics. College bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising or related field strongly preferred. Previous digital sales, newspaper or other media sales experience a plus.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work independently within the parameters of the position, make sound business decisions, and problem solve as needed.
- Must be very well organized and self-directed with a focus on goal attainment as top priority.
- Must have the desire to establish new business relationships and embrace prospecting initiatives when needed.
- Must have strong client service skills that focus on customer retention and possess a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must be very driven, attentive to detail, organized and goal oriented with strong time management skills.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and understand how to use them both on the phone, in person and through email.
- Must routinely apply logic to troubleshoot solutions to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Strong typing, spelling and grammatical skills required as well as basic computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet.
- Knowledge of social media platforms to include Facebook, Instagram, YouTube preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation package with a base plus commission structure. In addition, we offer a variety of medical, dental and vision options to best fit your needs. We also offer 401(k) and life insurance options as well as a generous paid time off plan.
The Sentinel is part of the Lee Enterprises group of companies. Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news and information, and a major platform for advertising, with daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 350 weekly and specialty publications serving 77 markets in 26 states. Year to date, Lee's newspapers have average daily circulation of 1.2 million, and our legacy websites, including acquisitions, reach more than 43 million digital unique visitors. For more information about Lee, please visit www.lee.net.
EOEWhy Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of high-quality local news, with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting and retaining a workforce whose diversity reflects the communities we serve. Lee embraces change, and we recognize that we must create and maintain a culture of fervent inclusion. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net .
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.