$36.67 - $46.48 Hourly Location
Seattle, WAJob Type
Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/weekDepartment
DPH - Public HealthJob Number
Community Health ServicesClosing
3/28/2023 11:59 PM Pacific Summary
The Health Care for the Homeless Network (HCHN) contracts with 18 community-based agencies to provide medical, mental health, substance use disorder, and case management services to vulnerable homeless individuals and families in Seattle and King County. Services are provided in shelters, day centers, on the street, and in other locations where homeless people congregate.
As a member of the Health Care for the Homeless Network (HCHN) team, the Business & Finance Officer I
supports highly complex invoicing and payment for over $12 million annually for 40+ programs, ensuring compliance with multiple Federal and local funder requirements. Other key duties include support for contracting processes and are conducted in close coordination with the Finance Manager, Contract Monitors, and Operations Manager. Other special projects are handled by this position as needed.Commitment to Equity and Social Justice:
Named after Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., one of the most influential civil rights leaders in our nation's history, King County is a vibrant international community with residents that represent countries from around the world. It is a region with increasing diversity that cherishes the traditions of many cultures.
The county government has a deep commitment to equity and social justice and advancing practices, strategies, and policies that promote fairness, justice, and opportunity for all - in our workplaces and our communities. With this commitment, King County has adopted a pro-equity agenda to advance regional change and ensure that residents from all communities are incorporated into our emergency planning and public outreach efforts.
We recognize that structural racism consists of principles and practices that cause and justify an inequitable distribution of rights, opportunities, and experiences across racial groups. Since declaring Racism is a Public Health Crisis in June 2020, King County and Public Health committed to being intentionally anti-racist and accountable to Black, Indigenous and People of Color communities.
To learn more, please visit http://www.kingcounty.gov/elected/executive/equity-social-justice.aspx Job Duties
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Play a key role in multi-step process to ensure timely submission, review, approval and payment of contractor invoices. Track all steps in the process to ensure timely and accurate payments to community partner agencies.
- Develop and apply expert knowledge of regulations related to contractor invoice payments and back up documentation.
- Work with contractors and program staff to address discrepancies on invoices and statements.
- Maintain invoice documentation and other financial records in established structure.
- Assist with preparation and response to financial audits.
- Monitor and report expenditures and revenues and perform budget maintenance activities such as fiscal adjustments, forecasting, and more.
- Conduct routine and well-defined financial studies to evaluate proposed expenditures or programs such as cost-benefit analysis, and billing.
- Assist with administration of grants and contracts.
- Extract, organize, and review financial records, data and reports from Oracle financial system to ensure the accuracy of expenditures.
- Support use of county-issued credit cards by staff and gift cards for clients.
- Follow up and ensure closing of open purchase orders.
- Process travel expense reimbursement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of budgeting, finance, managerial and financial accounting
- Demonstrated experience and ability to perform comprehensive accounting duties at an intermediate level
- Knowledge of and experience working with automated financial management systems
- Knowledge and experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated intermediate-level experience with Excel (create formulas, functions, pivot tables, and charts)
- Demonstrated experience maintaining tracking systems for acquiring and reporting on fiscal-related data.
- Knowledge of contract administration
- Demonstrated experience performing quality assurance on financial data
- Demonstrated skill in problem solving, decision-making and analysis
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities, while completing accurate detailed work products within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse staff and community partners
Supplemental InformationForbes named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
- Experience working with federal and state grants.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting and finance.
- Familiarity with King County's Oracle EBS Financial System
- Advanced aptitude with Microsoft Excel including, VLOOKUPs, if-then functions and macro creation.
Guided by our "True North" , we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles - we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.To Apply
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact the recruiter listed on this job announcement.Who May Apply:
This Career Service position is open to all qualified applicants. Application Process:
The following items are required to be considered for this vacancy:
- An electronic application through www.kingcounty.gov/jobs or www.governmentjobs.com (use the "Apply" link) including work history and position duties.
- Responses to Supplemental Questions. Please do not copy and paste your resume or resume sections as responses to Supplemental Questions. Doing so will result in an incomplete application, unless the submitted information completely and directly answers the questions posed.
Your application may be rejected as incomplete if you do not include the relevant information in the application. Cover letters and/or resumes are not accepted in lieu of a completed NeoGov application. Applications and/or Supplemental Questionnaires that state "see my resume" or "see my personnel file" are considered incomplete and will not be accepted.
Necessary Special Requirements
- The selection process may include but is not limited to: evaluation of application materials and supplemental questions, interviewing, and testing. For more information on our selection process, please refer to www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/jobs/hiring.
- Regular and reliable attendance, effective communication skills, and development of effective working relationships are requirements of all Public Health positions.
- Staff may be required to play an active role in the event of a public health emergency, which may include changes in responsibilities, work location and working hours.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a thorough background investigation.
- Employees are required to protect the privacy and security of protected health information as defined in State and Federal Law.
- Employees are required to adhere to OSHA/WISHA guidelines including but not limited to completing required training on time.
The work for this position will be performed predominantly through telecommuting, with occasional onsite work required at the Chinook Building, located at 401 5th Ave in Seattle.
Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours. Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements. There will be situations where the employee is required to report to a County worksite.
To support employees during this time King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely.Work schedule:
The normal work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm- 40- hours per weel. This position is subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act and is overtime eligible. Union affiliation:
This position is represented by PROTEC17. Contact:
For more information about the application process, please contact Catherine Fitzpatrick, Sr. HR Analyst at Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org . For positions about the position, contact Bahareh Zebarjad at email@example.com .
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 12paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
For additional information about employee benefits please visit our Benefits, Payroll, and Retirement Page .
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.NOTE:
Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position.Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.